Profile of Peter Ahiekpor (Board Chairman)
- Executive Chairman, Platinum Cocoa Foundation: Educating Ghanaians to know the health benefits of consuming cocoa, to sustain the economy by consuming more cocoa, by using the by-products of cocoa to expand the income generating capacity of the cocoa industry, for Ghanaians to identify and to develop by-products from cocoa, for Ghanaians to set up small scales industries to process by-products of cocoa.
- MD/CEO Platinum Equities Limited: International Consultants on Soft Commodities, Trade Financing, Trade Negotiations, and Project Management. Building competitive financial creativity packages and negotiations to facilitate and expedite a borrowing process.
- MD, Kiak Group of Companies: Responsible for corporate strategies for the following companies; Evadox Limited: A Licensed Buying Cocoa Company. EAA Transport Limited: A transportation & haulage company. Virtu Enterprise Limited: A civil engineering construction company. Explo G. Limited: A chain of housing complexes, restaurants and shops for rental basis.
- Head, MAEG Africa/Chairman: MAEG Ghana Limited; A medium-heavy steel works
- Chairman, Zoom Togo SARL: A Waste Management and Sanitation Company
- Former MD, Kivu Airways Congo: Operated a Soviet made Antonov 12 aircraft, Boeing 707 cargo, illuyshin 18 & 26 combi aircrafts. Transported goods through Lummubashi, Katanga, Mbju Mayi, Chicapa in the DRC, Ndolo, Zambia, Point Noir and Congo Brazzaville, Sharhjar and Dubai UAE.
- Presidential Mandates From the Republic of Benin : No:083/PR/CAB/SP-C (for the construction of the second university of the Republic of Benin). No:427/PR/CAB/SP-C (for the acquisition of 200 buses for public transport service). No: 158-C/PR/CAB/SP (for the construction of a new International Airport). No:353/PR/CAB/SP-C (for the acquisition of a presidential aircraft).
Profile of Kwaku Botwe (Managing Director)
Kwaku Botwe is a former Managing Director of Ghana Water Company, with deep experience in the Financial Services sector as well. Kwaku worked as a National Service personnel in the Internal Revenue Service and worked as an Assistant Inspector of Taxes during which period he spearheaded the implementation of the Daily Income Tax Policy for commercial vehicles and identifiable trade groups. Again after his graduate studies he returned as a Senior Inspector of Tax to head the implementation of the Consolidated Salaries and Allowances Policy initiated by the Internal Revenue Service and SSNIT.
Trained in Harvard University in Investment Management, Kwaku played a pivotal role in the development of Mortgage and Investment in the Financial Services Sector in Ghana. He managed the first Unit Trust fund in Ghana -HFC Unit Trust and later set up the Real Estate Investment Fund in the then Home Finance Company. In addition he led the HFC team to work closely with Databank to issue the first mortgage-backed bond for Non Resident Ghanaians.
Kwaku subsequently moved back to the public sector to Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) as the Deputy Managing Director and later as the Managing Director to superintend over the reform of the company. He led in the massive development of water projects which has resulted in water delivery to almost all corners of Ghana today. He deployed his knowledge in funds management to initiate what is now known as the Communication Service Tax.
Kwaku Botwe has a Bachelor of Business Administration, Majoring in Finance and Economics in the University of Ghana.
Alexis Coffi Aquereburu
Profile of Alexis Coffi Aquereburu (Board Member)
Mr. Aquereburu Alexis is Managing-Partner of AQUEREBURU & PARTNERS. The first Law firm in West Africa certified as ISO 9001 version 2008. He has been a member of the TOGO Bar association since 1985 and has served as Secretary and twice as Chairman of the Bar Association of TOGO from 2006 to 2008 and from 2008 to 2010.
Mr. Alexis Coffi AQUEREBURU is a Business Law Counsel with a vast experience that goes beyond the traditional borders of the lawyer’s functions. Throughout his career, he has been a main actor in the privatization of several state banking institutions, in the transformation of companies and in significant transfers of shares between various economic operators. His expertise in mergers and acquisitions is also heavily sought internationally. He is a member of the OHADA National Commission of TOGO and enjoys a high reputation among all its actors and in the profession.
He has also been involved in the drafting of several legislative acts relating to governance rules for public enterprises, public procurement rules and the energy sector.
A pioneer in the fight against counterfeiting of products and trademarks in Togo, an intellectual property specialist and a professional representative at OAPI, he is very active in the field of law promotion in Togo and in the sub-region.
Prof Songné G. Badjona
Profile of Prof Songné G. Badjona (Board Member)
Surgeon of University Hospitals since 2004
– Doctor Chief of Surgical Emergencies at Sylvanus Olympio Hospital
– Advisor to the President of the Republic of Togo on Health
– Coordinator of the Diploma of Specialized Study in General Surgery
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Benin: June
- Certification of Former Internal Hospitals, Lomé General Surgery Service
- Assistant Head of Clinic in General Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine of
- Assistant Professor of General Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine of Lomé.
- Associate Assistant in General and Digestive Surgery at Rouen University
Hospital (France) – Charles Nicolle Hospital (Tenier Professor)
- Associate Professor of General Surgery – Joint Faculty of Medicine and
Pharmacy of the University of Lome.
- Full Professor of General Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine of Lomé.
- Former Director of Military Pavillion at Sylvanus Olympio hospital in Togo
- Commander of the Order of National Merit
- Commander of the Order of Mono
Dr. Giovanni Pavesi
Profile of Dr. Giovanni Pavesi (Board Member)
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Azienda Sanitaria ULSS 6 Vicenza 2016 to date.
Managing Director of “Azienda U.L.S.S. 17 Monselice-Este” 2008 -2015
Chief Executive Office in running one of the 9 Health Units in Venice Region
- 1 Hub Hospital (Vicenza)
- 5 Spoke Hospitals (Noventa V. Montechio, Arzignano, Valdagno, Lonigo
- 61 Municipalities
- 6,107 Employees (912 physicians)
- 1,362 Beds, 51,500 inpatients/year
- 37,800 Surgery operation s per year
- 5,500,000 Outpatients
- 402 Family Doctors, €970,000,000.00 Turn over
- Chief Executive Officer of all operations (Health
- Administration, General Affairs, Procurement, HR, etc.)
Managing Director of “Azienda U.L.S.S. 17 Monselice-Este” –Via Marconi, Monselice, Italy Chief position in managing the whole activities of four civil hospitals of 557 beds and about 2.5 million outpatient visits per year, leading the construction of the new hospital of the area of 447 beds in a 250,000 sq. mt. 73.000 covered sq. mt.
Responsible for managing operations, negotiating contracts, controlling budgets as well as dealing with all health and safety issues. The total turnover of the “Azienda U.L.S.S. 17” in 2011 was about 300 million Euros, including all the activities in the field of Health Prevention, Primary Care, Social Assistance and Veterinary, with nearly 2000 employees.State owned Company –Regione Veneto, Italy. Health, Medicine, Public Assistance, Primary Care and Vet.
Profile of Kingsley Owusu-Achau (Board Member)
- Chairman of Kings Cottage: A Real Estate Housing Company that comprises of 500 luxury to ultra-luxury homes situated at Trassacco Valley, Oyarifa, Gomoa Fete and Kasoa
- Commercial properties such as office buildings and retail outlets in the city of Accra, Ghana with a total of 304 offices spaces and outlets.
- Owner & Chairman of Ghanaian Premier Division team known as Bechem United Football Club. A club which constantly maintains top four positions in the Ghanaian premier league.
- Advisor to the Ghana Football Association on the need for the establishment of sports medicine facility for the Ecowas Region.
- A consultant to many international football clubs on retaining African players in their organisations.
- Former Educator at the Bechem Teacher Training Institute.
Angelo Tetteh Nouvi
VP, Business Development
Profile of Angelo Tetteh Nouvi (VP, Business Development)
Nouvi Tetteh Angelo is the Vice President of Business Development for the EMV; Nouvi has Master’s Degree in International Banking & Finance, Salford, England. Nouvi is responsible for the facilitation for all business proposals and prospective partners. Nouvi brings on board an extensive network of business professionals and companies due his banking background with Barclays Plc in the UK and also Barclays Bank, Ghana. Nouvi has experience in managing various international start-up companies in Ghana and is responsible for conducting due diligence on proposed partnership with extensive travels to inspect factories worldwide to ascertain the level of competences. His financial acumen has been important in ascertaining the capabilities of these prospective partners in order to meet strict guidelines and requirements for the EMV projects.
Profile of Pedro Rebelo (Lead Engineer/Consultant)
Pedro Rebelo joined Eco-medical Village in July 2015 as the Lead Engineer in charge of coordinating the team of Engineers in Ghana, Portugal & Italy. Pedro comes with an extensive experience in the construction industry especially that of the medical and real estate industry. Pedro’s main responsibilities for the EMV project include schedule preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities relating to the project. He experiences include major works in Ghana and Angola where he managed over 400 million dollars of government projects in the real estate industry. Pedro holds a degree in Engineering specializing in Fluid Mechanics and industrial engineering.
Mr. Benjamin Asare
Vice President, Finance
Mr. Benjamin Asare (Vice President Finance)
Benjamin Asare is the Finance Director for the Ecomedical Village project bringing on board extensive experience from multiple roles in the banking and financial industry. Benjamin qualified from the Kellogs School of Management with an MBA in Finance & International Business. Benjamin has worked on various flagship projects in the banking industry and has consulted for foreign investors and governments in the West African Region. Mr. Asare is a well versed in Lead negotiations and performance of due diligence on prospective projects through his project evaluation experiences. He has been involved in both the private and public sector in the development, structuring and implementation of PPP projects and thus his work in the EMV project is invaluable.
Ricardo Silfredo Loureiro
Profile of Ricardo Silfredo Loureiro (Project Manager)
Ricardo Loureiro is the Project Manager for the EMV project; he has a Civil Engineering Degree from the University of Beira Interior, Covilha, in Portugal. Ricardo brings on board a track record and experience in construction projects both in Portugal, Angola and Cape Verde. He has worked extensively with the ministerial departments in these countries understanding the protocols involved in working in the construction industry. Ricardo heads the EMV technical team in Ghana and responsible for coordinating between the Italian, Portuguese and Ghanaian team of engineers and architects.
Profile of Carla Caetano (Engineer)
Carla Caetano is part of the engineering team who also coordinates the technical team in Ghana and Portugal. She brings onboard an extensive knowledge in the African continent due to her experience in Angola and Cape Verde. Carla holds Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from the Superior Institute of Engineering in Lisbon where she achieved her bachelor’s degree as well. She has been a supervisor on various construction projects. Where she brings onboard over 20 years of experience in managing supervisory roles in large scale projects in numerous environments. Her extensive knowledge of the African continent has been greatly responsible for coordinating between the Ghanaian and Portuguese team of engineers and architects.
Director, European Business
Profile of Ruth MacCarthy (Director, European Business)
Ruth MacCarthy is the EMV representative based in Italy, she is a qualified nurse graduating from the University of Biocca in Milan, Italy. Ruth is the head for EMV in Europe and is responsible for organising all European business meetings, coordinating the Italian management team and in most cases acts as a translator for the team as she is bilingual and speaks both English and Italian fluently. Ruth has extensive knowledge of the medical industry in Italy and Ghana as she has conducted research work in Ghanaian hospitals mainly Tema General Hospital and Korle Bu Hospital and her experience working in various hospitals in Italy has proven very valuable to the project.
Lead Civil Engineer
Profile of Stefano Scutarri (Lead Civil Engineer)
Marco Scuttari is the Lead Civil Engineer for the Ecomedical project, he has been with the engineering team since inception and has been responsible for many of the groundbreaking designs on the project. Stephano has a degree in Civil Engineering from one of the top universities in Italy, he is a specialist in steel construction and thus his expertise has been invaluable to the Ecomedical engineering team. Due to the amount of steel work involved in the project Stephano has been the go to person to solve an issue on the designs, he has vast experiences in the steel construction industry.
Head, European Business
Profile of Franch Odorico (Head, European Business)
Franch Odorico is the EMV Italian based Head of European Business; he has a degree in Human Resources and a Diploma in Electro Mechanics from the School of Anthony Robins in Italy. Franch considerable skill and experience in European business due to his background in insurance working UBS, Switzerland, Vaduz Group, Lichtenstein heading a group of 80 insurance agents. He is a seasoned business negotiator who has worked with associates in Nigeria and Ghana in various businesses for instance importation of wood to Italy, exportation of forklifts, trucks, tractors to the agricultural industry. Franch’s extensive network of companies has been of great value to EMV for business development.
Nii Kwei Kofi Amasah
Profile of Nii Kwei Kofi Amasah (General Counsel)
Nii Kwei Kofi Amasah is in the inhouse lawyer for the EMV project, he qualified as a Barrister at Law from the Ghana Law School after initial studies with the University of Ghana, Legon. Amasah reviews everyEMV documentation making sure they align with the laws of the Ghana; he brings on board experience dealing with financial institutions, the lands commission and the construction industry boasting high profile clients enhancing his repertoire as one of the top legal brains in Ghana.
Maxwell Darko Ansong
Head of Operations
Maxwell Darko Ansong (Head of Operations)
Maxwell Darko Ansong brings on board over 25 years of experience in business operations. Maxwell serves as Head of Operations for the EMV project. Maxwell qualified from the Institute of Professional Studies with a Degree in Project Management, he is in charge of field work for the EMV and also doubles as a Resource Manager for the projects. Maxwell serves as key point and a liaison between all departments due to his extensive knowledge of business environment in Ghana. Maxwell in his various roles reports directly to the CEO in helping to coordinate the various activities between management and the team of engineers and architects.
Daniel Tetteh Cobblah
Head of IT
Profile of Daniel Tetteh Cobblah (Head of IT)
Daniel Tetteh Cobblah is the Head of IT for the EMV project, he graduated with a Degree in Information Technology from the Sikkim Manipal University, Accra Ghana. Daniel is responsible for the smooth running of all IT systems at the EMV Head Office in Accra, Ghana, a very resourceful professional who always finds a solution to every technical issues faced by the team. He has been with the EMV project since inception and understands the various needs of every department and has proven to be an important cog in the company through the provision of his invaluable service.
European Technical Director
Marco Scrufari (European Technical Director)
Marco Scrufari is the technical director for the engineering team based in Italy, Marco holds a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Degli Studi Di Padova, Padova, Italy. Marco brings an extensive knowledge in particular quality control due to his background in various supervisory and project management roles in the construction industry. Marco heads the team responsible with the main responsibility of planning, execution, design and coordination with the architects. He handles the resource management and determines all strategies for the team in Italy.