- On January 7, 2016
The Former Minister of Transport, Dzifa Attivor joins Eco Medical as its new chairperson. Her appointment comes in the wake to strategically position Eco Medical Village to be the leading health service provider for the ECOWAS Region.
The Ecomedical Village project is a private sector initiative that aims to make health care accessible to the ordinary African by the establishment of world class facilities across the West African Region (ECOWAS) through private sector development and to attract medical tourism from the rest of the African Union (AU).
She takes over from Peter Ahiekpor who doubled as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the biggest Medical Project in West Africa.
Mr. Peter Ahiekpor now becomes the Chief Executive Officer and will work directly with Dzifa Attivor to achieve the mission of the ECOWAS medical project and the long term vision of the Organization
Eco-Medical Village (EMV) will be a State of the Art International Hospital Complex for citizens and residents of the West African sub region, who usually go to South Africa, North America, Europe, Cuba and India for medical care.
- A 380-Ward State of the Art International Hospital Complex
- 40- Suite Wards: c/w lounge, study, etc.
- 40- Special Wards for Disaster Management and in case of emergencies in the ECOWAS sub- region
- General OPD Section
- General Medicine Centre
- Urology and Nephrology (Dialysis) Centre
- Ophthalmology Centre
- Stomatology Centre
- Cardiology Centre
- Burn Centre
- Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery Centre
- Neuro Surgery and Neuro Science Centre
- Centre for Blood Diseases and Cancer Management
- Orthopaedic & Sport Medicine Centre
- Diagnostics and Imaging Centre
- Blood Bank
- Dispensary & Stores
- Paramedic Services with Helicopters and Fleet of medical Ambulances
- Underground parking space for 1,500 vehicles
- A 120-Ward State of the Art International Hospital for Women and Children
- A Medical Shopping Mall for ‘Everything Heath Care’
- Hotels (2 Types i.e. 4-Star 150 Trendy Executive Room Hotel and 2-Star 150 Standard Room Hotel) for the Families and Staff of Patients and Potential Patients
- Home for the Elderly, comprising of 130 Rooms; employing a highly trained team and providing top level care.
- Housing Schemes and Apartment Complexes for the general public and for Medical Specialists.
- Insurance Scheme: The insurance scheme, which is to be known as Eco-Med Insurance, is a closely related project to the International Hospital. The Eco-Med Card will be sold in the major banks in the West African sub-region to citizens of ECOWAS.
- Donor Card Scheme: The donor card idea is to encourage citizens of the sub-region to undertake to donate organs in case of fatal accidents.
- Paramedic and Nursing Training College: The project will be a center of excellence in training Paramedic and Nurses for the countries in the sub-region
- Paramedic Services with Air and Road Ambulances.
Prior to joining Eco Medical Village as Chairperson, Dzifa Attivor was the Transport Minister of the Republic of Ghana. She was appointed Deputy Minister of the sector from 2009 until 2013 when she became the substantive Minister. Her tenure saw the transformation of the transport sector in general and the aviation industry in particular with more than 400% growth in passenger throughput. As a Transport Minister, she had oversight responsibility over 13 agencies comprising the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority, Ghana Airports Company Limited, Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority, Ghana Maritime Authority, Ghana Shippers Authority, Volta Lake Transport Company, Limited, Ghana Railway Development Authority, Ghana Railways Company Limited, Metro Mass Transit Limited, Intercity STC, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority, the National Road Safety Commission and the Ghana Technical Training Centre.
Prior to her ministerial role, she dedicated 27 years of service to the Central Bank of Ghana in various capacities including the Personal Assistant to three successive Deputy Governors.
She holds an MBA in Human Resource Management from the American Century University. She is currently enrolled in an Executive Masters of Arts in Conflict, Peace and Security at the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre.
For a Human Resource Practitioner to be strategic and be a business partner, she has enrolled in an on-line program at Roehampton University pursuing a Masters Program in Strategic Human Resource Management.
Her NGO (DEDEFUND), is dedicated to the support of brilliant but needy children, the course of women and the youth and cares for the 120 cured lepers at Schohaven Village at Ho in the Volta Region.
Her load of experience is what is needed to spearhead the growth of Ecomedical Village Project.
The team of Ecomedical Village welcomes her on board and wishes her well on this project of magnitude.